SysMenu.dll error is caused by a problem in your Windows 10 system setting and it can prevent you from accessing some of the applications on your computer such as Microsoft Office, Skype etc. How to fix SysMenu Dll Error on Windows 10 without reinstalling?
The “sysmenu.dll download” is a file that is needed to run Windows 10 smoothly. The file can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
Updated on November 23, 2021.
Originally published in February 2021.
- The SysMenu.dll Windows 10 problem seems to be most common following an OS update.
- This problem may be readily resolved by utilizing a third-party program that restores your system files.
- Following our technique to remove the incorrect file will undoubtedly repair your SysMenu.dll trouble.
- The error message might potentially be caused by your browser. To solve it, use our fast technique.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve a variety of DLL issues: This program will fix common DLL issues, protect you against file loss and hardware failure, and enhance your PC’s performance. In three simple actions, you can easily resolve PC issues:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To discover Windows faults, click Start Scan (including broken or missing DLL files)
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s performance and security, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Many Windows 10 customers have complained about start-up issues that prohibit them from using their PCs correctly. The SysMenu.dll file is the source of the most frequent issues that Windows 10 users face.
A notification advising users that the SysMenu.dll module could not be found is usually shown in a window. Users typically claim that this problem arises shortly after upgrading to Windows 10.
The SysMenu.dll problem is frustrating, but it’s not the only DLL issue you’ll come across. There are a variety of difficulties that might arise, and the following are a few of the more common:
- Rundll error on startup in Windows 10 – This is a similar mistake that may occur, and we’ve previously discussed it in detail in our Rundll32.exe error article, so be sure to read it.
- The Sysmenu dll module was not found. Windows 7 is a new operating system from Microsoft. This problem may happen if a DLL file is missing, and it can impact any Windows version. To remedy the problem, copy this file to the Program Files directory and the problem should go away.
- File missing, could not be found error, issue beginning – Sysmenu.dll is missing, file missing, could not be found error, problem starting – There are several flaws with this DLL file, but one of our solutions should be able to resolve the issue.
In Windows 10, how can I solve SysMenu.dll errors?
1. Delete the SysMenu.dll file.
- Go to the following directory: C:WindowsSystem32Tasks
- Look for the Smupdate file on your computer. You may use the search option to locate it.
- Delete the file after you’ve located it.
Scheduled tasks, according to users, might cause a SysMenu.dll problem to arise. To resolve this issue, just locate and delete those tasks from your computer.
This is a straightforward process that may be completed by following the steps outlined below. If you wish to look for this file manually, look in the following folders:
2. Use a third-party DLL repair tool.
DLL files are essential to the operation of the computer and its applications. When you can’t solve your difficulties with those files on your own, it’s preferable to employ a third-party solution like Restoro.
You’ll be able to clean your PC and repair all of its broken DLL files in no time using Restoro. Furthermore, the program assists you in keeping your system clean and safe, as well as resolving your sysmenu.dll missing problem.
As a result, if you don’t seek aid and protect your system from digital dangers, the Sys.menu.dll issue might become rather persistent.
You can resolve system faults in minutes and secure your PC from potentially dangerous mistakes by using specific safeguarding tools.
3. Delete the SysMenu.dll file from your browser.
Another reason of this problem is a harmful adware infection in your browser, which will continue to send you messages. There are a variety of methods for removing them from your browsers.
If you’re using Microsoft Edge, you may follow this instruction to get rid of all pop-ups and adware.
If you’re using a different browser, a specialist program like Trojan Remover, SUPERAntiSpyware, or Reason Core Security may help.
There are several programs available to assist you with your situation. Using one of the above will assure that no virus will trouble you or cause harm to your data.
If you want to be extra cautious about this mistake, you may install the finest antivirus software available and protect your computer entirely.
4. Make use of autoruns
- Autoruns is available for immediate download.
- Admin rights are required to run the software.
- The software will display the auto-start apps that are presently setup.
- In the list, look for the SysMenu.dll file or files.
- Remove them from the list, then restart your computer.
On Microsoft’s Technet site, several customers reported that this program helped them remove harmful adware and fix the SysMenu.dll issue.
Autoruns is available for download from Technet, and you’ll be astonished at how many executables are started automatically.
5. Make use of CCleaner
You may always use third-party products like CCleaner to automatically solve the SysMenu.dll issue. CCleaner is a great cleaning program that can clear your system of old and unwanted files, if you’re unfamiliar with it.
- Run CCleaner once you’ve downloaded it.
- Navigate to Tools > Startup.
- You should be able to remove the SysMenu.dll/SMupdate file from there.
After that, the issue should be rectified, and everything should operate properly again. CCleaner is also important for maintaining the health of your computer.
Your machine will be scanned for defects, issues, bugs, and viruses by the program. Then, if it detects any questionable behavior, it will notify you and attempt to delete it.
6. Carry out a clean boot.
- Type msconfig by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Now hit Enter or click OK.
- A window called System Configuration will emerge. Go to the Services page and have a look.
- Select the option to hide all Microsoft services. After that, deactivate all of these services by clicking the Disable all option.
- Open Task Manager by going to the Startup tab and clicking it.
- Task Manager should now launch and provide a list of startup programs.
- Disable the first item by right-clicking it and selecting Disable from the menu.
- This procedure should be repeated for each starting program on the list.
- Return to the System Configuration window once you’ve deactivated all programs.
- To save your changes and restart your computer, click Apply and OK.
Third-party apps or services, according to users, may occasionally cause the sysmenu.dll could not be found problem. To resolve the issue, you must first identify the faulty program that is creating the difficulty.
The easiest method to do so is to do a Clean boot, which you may accomplish by following the instructions above.
Check whether the issue persists after your computer has restarted. If the problem does not emerge, it is due to starting apps.
You’ll need to deactivate programs and services one by one or in groups to figure out what’s causing the issue.
Remember that you must restart your computer after activating each set of services or programs in order for the modifications to take effect. You may either delete or deactivate the troublesome program after you’ve identified it.
7. Run a system scan
Malware infestation might cause the SysMenu.dll problem to arise in certain cases. Make sure to run a complete system scan and look for malware to resolve the issue.
Keep in mind that depending on the size of your hard drive and the antivirus program you’re running, a complete system check might take several hours.
Other effective antivirus software capable of detecting harmful activities and eradicating digital threats from your system immediately may be added to your system for complete security.
8. Uninstall any apps that are causing you problems.
According to users, third-party software may occasionally cause this issue to arise, and in order to resolve the problem, you must locate and uninstall them.
Many customers said that the YTDownloaded program was to blame for the problem on their computers, but that the problem was rectified once they uninstalled it fully.
Uninstaller software is recommended for thoroughly removing a program from your computer. The program will be removed by the software, and your problem will be resolved.
You’re in luck if you’re looking for a powerful uninstaller program. By selecting the finest uninstaller software for Windows 10 PCs, you may be sure to get the help you need.
9. Make changes to your register
- To launch the Run dialog, press Windows Key + R.
- Press Enter to open regedit.
- In the right pane, look for sysmenu.dll. Make careful to remove any sysmenu.dll values you discover. In terms of locations, this DLL file may be found in the following places:
- HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
- HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun
The SysMenu.dll issue may sometimes be caused by a problem with your registry. Users propose that you delete this file’s entries from your registry to remedy the issue. You may do this by following the procedures outlined above.
Check to see whether the issue has been addressed once you’ve located and removed these values from the registry.
We hope that these three methods were helpful in getting rid of the SysMenu.dll issue. If you’ve discovered a different way to solve this problem, please share your experience in the comments area below.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get rid of SysMenu DLL error?
A: If you are getting a SysMenu DLL error on your PC, it is likely because of a software issue with the game. The cause could be that your system has been infected by malware or there is something wrong in Beat Sabers files. In this case, you will need to contact Sony and they can help solve the problem remotely over the internet.
How do I get rid of DLL errors in Windows 10?
A: To fix DLL errors in Windows 10, you can try running the following troubleshooter.
What is SysMenu dll file?
A: The dll file is a library or executable that first appeared in Windows 95. It provides application programming interface (API) for software developers to access the operating system resources and perform tasks via an API.
- c:progra~1common~1systemsysmenu dll